Updated: Mar 11
It's all good. Don't Panic.
The time has finally come. Our little (and yet getting bigger by the day) wedding shop in South Woodham Ferrers will finally be able to open its doors again. Hooray! And Tuesday the 13th of April cannot come soon enough.
It goes without saying, that the worldwide pandemic has been beyond awful for everyone. And for brides who have been trying to plan a wedding, our heart truly goes out to you. The series of heart-wrenching emotions you must have been feeling over the last year must have been extraordinary. But, as you are all aware I'm sure, the UK finally has a 'roadmap' out of this lockdown, and a light is now on at the end of the tunnel. So fingers crossed this all goes to plan, and that we all stick to the rules - and then you never know, we might be able to go down the pub again! Or book a flight somewhere sunny!
During lockdown (1,2 & 3...), we decided early on that the best way to keep our sanity, was to work on getting things ready for re-opening, whenever that would be. And to also make improvements to shop, things that we never seemed to find the time to make during times of past normality. Little (big, really) things that will make your experience that much more relaxing, and make our job of finding your dream dress, easier.
We've outlined some of the improvements we've made below, and also our changes to opening times, which will come into effect when we re-open next month.
- Bellissima Weddings will now be open from Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 5pm. We'll review these hours later in the year.
- Our Upstairs Fittings Room will be available for appointments on Mondays, when the rest of the shop will be closed.
- We now have 3 separate bridal areas in-store. This is to offer the upmost safety & privacy to our brides and their guests, while also ensuring that we can see as many clients as possible.
- Two of the areas are for more intimately sized appointments, allowing for a max of 2 guests. And one is for larger groups, with a capacity of 4 guests. This will only be available when Covid-19 regulations allow it, for the moment only one guest per customer is allowed to accompany you on your appointment. We will update you when this changes.
- All of our bridesmaids are now available to browse on our website, as they are no longer on the shop floor. When booking your bridesmaids appointment you will be instructed to select the gowns you would like to see via our online wishlist. When you arrive at your appointment, the selection you made will be available to view and try on by your girls. The maximum number of styles that can be selected to view is 10.
There you have it, for now! We have a lot's more exciting news to come, so keep your eyes peeled for updates.